Hannah started Rhythmic Gymnastics at 8 years old, having trained recreationally as an artistic gymnast and local ballet classes. She quickly showed incredible talent for this disciplined and beautiful sport, and set her sights on reaching the British under 12’s championships.
- 22nd February 2014 British Open Under 12s: Gold in Ball, Gold in Clubs
- Regional success (to qualify for British Champs)
– Canterbury Under 12s 15th March 2014
– Zonal Grades: Gold in Ball, Gold in Clubs, and Gold overall
- 11th May 2014 English Cup Nationals Under 12s: Gold in Clubs, Silver in Free, Bronze in Rope, Silver overall
Each of these was one step toward qualifying to compete for the first time in the British Championships.
First National Gold Medals
- British Championships Under 12s 16th -18th May 2014
Overall Gold British Under 12 Champion for 2014 Claiming further medals in finals Gold in Free Gold in Ball Gold in clubs and Silver in rope.
- Having won the British under 12 title Hannah attended a selection event on 18th January 2015, now competing for the first time as a Junior gymnast (13 – 15 years) Incredibly she ranked number 1, even against girls 2 years older. This was quickly followed by British Testing on 22nd February 2015 Ranking 1st out of Juniors.
Hannah representation for Great Britain
First year junior 2015
Hannah ranked number 1 Junior in Great Britain after test event on Jan 18th 2015
Greece, Athens, Aphrodite Cup 6th – 8th March 2015(made 2 finals and came 5th in her age group)
France, Calais, Thais Cup 20th – 22nd March 2015 (came 20th)
France, Corbeil 8th – 10th May
English Championships 5th June 2015 (won all 5 Gold’s becoming English Junior champion)
British Championships 31st – 2nd July 2015 (became Rope and Hoop junior British Champion and silver overall and clubs)
Bulgaria, Sofia Cup, 13th – 14th August 2015 (came 7th over all against some of the worlds best)
Bulgaria, Varna, the Queens cup 20th – 22nd August 2015 (x2 finals and 7th overall again)
Test Event in Britain November 2015 ranked 2nd
Second year junior 2016
Qualified for and invited to both English and British squads
Estonia, Tartus, Miss Valentine Cup 11th – 14th February 2016 (part of a team of individuals)
Won Active Wandsworth Junior Sports Person of 2015 award 10th Feb 2016
Greece, Athens, Aphrodite cup 11th – 13th March 2016 (part of a team, preparing for Europeans, individuals)
British Open and test event, 20th March 2016 Ranked 1st
Portugal, Maia, AGN cup 21st – 25th April 2016 4th overall, Gold in Hoop and Silver in Clubs
Bulgaria, Sofia Cup 25th – 30th May 2016 (part of a team of individuals)
A & V Cup London 5th June 2016 – Gold AA Gold in Ball, Hoop, Rope and silver in Clubs.
Israel, Holon, European Junior individual Team Championships 16th – 19th June 2016 – Hannah was 1 of 3 gymnasts chosen to represent Great Britain in the junior team event, Top routines scored by Hannah Martin 15.183 and 15 in hoop achieving the goal of coming in the top 20 set by BG.
English Junior Championships 3rd July 2016 English Junior Champion in Clubs and Ball, silver in Rope and Hoop, silver AA
British Junior Championships 29th – 31st July British Junior Champion in Hoop, Ball and Clubs, silver in rope and AA
After British Championships in July, Hannah has been asked to work on senior routines for Commonwealth in 2018. Next year Hannah will still be a junior so this will mean lots more work. Hannah has a dream to qualify for the 2020 Olympics